OK, so it’s really ‘Walnut Dip with Garlic’, but what they don’t know won’t kill them in this case, lol. And, it looks particularly revolting with a little label depicting the nasty insect. Kind of gets the mind going in all sorts of interesting directions, doesn’t it?
Stir in a couple teaspoons of chopped walnuts after pureeing for an extra cockroachy crunch!
3 slices of whole wheat bread, well toasted
1/4 C. walnut pieces
4 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3/4 C. water
2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions: 1. In food processor (or by hand), crumble the toast into fine crumbs.
2. In food processor or blender, combine walnuts, garlic, and crumbs until all is finely ground.
3. Add lemon, oil, and parsley. Process until smooth. Add water as needed until desired consistency.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. This is one of those gross recipes for Halloween that’s easy to make ahead of time. As it sits in the fridge, it gets a little darker– a good thing for cockroach puree. The parsley may darken a bit and begin to look like bits of “cockroach skin”.
6. Serve up in a bowl labeled “Cockroach Puree,” “Roasted Roach Dip,” etc.